What if this is an Emergency?
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- If necessary, please call the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or Text 741-741 for assistance.
- If it is not an emergency but you need to speak with someone immediately, please call the National Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or Text 741-741.
Why choose an LMFT for my Individual, Marital/Couples, and/or Family needs?
Did you know...? More often than not, Couples & Family Therapy is provided by people who are untrained in systems/relationship therapy. One expert noted that 80% of all therapists in private practice in the United States claim to do marital or relationship therapy, but only 12% of them are in a profession that requires coursework, professional licensure, or supervised training in a systemic approach. Those who are skilled, knowledgeable and experienced in Family Therapy are even fewer.
This leaves consumers of couples & family therapy at a distinct disadvantage when looking for a therapist.
Laura Foulds, M.S., LMFT boasts the following:
- Extensive knowledge and specialized training in "Relationships" (Systems/Family Systems Theory)
- 12 years practicing Systemic Relationship Therapy; 10 years in Private Practice
- Graduate school experience in a clinical setting focused on "Relationship" therapy under clinical supervision
- Has obtained a Master’s of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Has passed a National Licensing Board Examination for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Has been approved for Licensure in the State of Texas by the Board of Examiners for Marriage & Family Therapists
- Has completed over 3000 hours of post-clinical experience under weekly LMFT supervision
- Has maintained TX licensure in good standing since 2013
Sessions are offered in-person and over Telehealth and are generally 45-50 minutes in length. Sometimes longer sessions are appropriate and may be scheduled upon request.
$150-200/session; Lotus Counseling is self-pay only, although a receipt may be provided upon request if you wish to submit to your insurance provider for potential out-of-network reimbursement. *Please consult with your insurance carrier for more information regarding this option
Payment is required at the time of service. Accepted methods of payment are: Cash, Personal Check, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, processed through SquareUp. HSA and Flex accounts accepted. There is a $35 fee (plus original check amount) for returned checks. *Inquire about cash pay and packaged rates.
**Initial Session Reservation:
The initial intake session may only be reserved with a secured deposit to be deducted from the session fee upon arrival. In the event that you miss your initial intake session, or fail to provide 24-hour notice, the deposit fee is non-refundable.
Thank you for your consideration of the appointment time reserved especially for you. Please note that a credit card is required to remain on file, and without at least 24 hours confirmed notice that your appointment will be missed, you will be charged for the late cancellation/missed session which is equal to your regular session fee. Therapist reserves the right to discontinue treatment after two occurrences of late cancellation or NCNS (note that insurance will not cover "No Call No Show").
Why do you not accept insurance for therapy?
Lotus Counseling is an out-of-network provider only. Here, mental health care is centered on bio-individuality; because every person is unique, s/he does not fit a specific diagnosis or formula. Managed care, which has its place, is concerned primarily with the treatment of illness. However, therapy at Lotus Counseling is about fostering self-awareness, and highlighting and building upon your inherent strengths and skills, in order to be balanced and successful in your life. Avoiding the managed care route might be more beneficial if your concerns include:
-- finding balance between your obligations to others and to yourself
-- learning to live more fully in the present moment
-- living a more joyful and balanced life
-- relating to others in a more positive and productive way
-- discovering, knowing, and expressing your authentic self
-- creating and maintaining meaningful relationships
-- learning to quiet the chaos of your cognitions
The decision not to accept insurance is to keep you, the client, in control of your wellness process and keep your confidentiality safe. Therapists that bill insurance must provide a mental health diagnosis (included as part of your permanent medical history) to the insurance company to show that your treatment is medically necessary, and you can't be certain of who all may have access to your personal information. In contrast, when using private pay, these intimate details remain confidential between you and your therapist.
If you are ready to invest in yourself and your relationship, therapy at Lotus Counseling is an excellent next step. Contact me today for a consultation.